Mini Banana Peanut Butter Cups
Looking for a fast and tasty treat? These banana peanut butter cups are just what you need!
Slice the banana. Place every slice in a mini muffin liner.
Cover each banana slice with peanut butter (you can microwave the peanut butter for 20sec so it gets softer).
Top with nutella or melted chocolate.
Sprinkle with with chopped peanuts, and freeze for at least an hour.
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor and sweetness. Overripe bananas with brown spots work well as they have a natural sweetness that complements the peanut butter.
- Opt for natural peanut butter without added sugar or excessive oils. The natural nutty flavor and texture pair wonderfully with the sweetness of bananas.
- While classic peanut butter works great, you can also try almond butter, cashew butter, or other nut butters for a different flavor profile.
- Customize your Banana Peanut Butter Cups with toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a sprinkle of sea salt for added texture and flavor.
- The chocolate can harden fairly quickly, so work efficiently when assembling the cups to ensure that they set properly.
- After assembling the cups, freeze them for at least a few hours or until they're completely solid. This helps all the layers firm up.
- Keep the Banana Peanut Butter Cups in an airtight container in the freezer to maintain their texture. If left in the fridge, they may become too soft.
- Enjoy the cups straight from the freezer or allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving if you prefer a slightly softer texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use other nut or seed butters like almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter to make variations of these cups.
Freezing the banana slices before assembling the cups helps prevent them from turning brown. Additionally, keeping the cups in the freezer until you're ready to eat will help maintain the banana's color.
Yes, you can make Banana Peanut Butter Cups ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer, and they can be enjoyed for several weeks.
Yes, you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate, depending on your preference. You can also experiment with flavored chocolates like mint or orange-infused chocolate.
Absolutely! You can customize your Banana Peanut Butter Cups by adding toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a sprinkle of sea salt for extra flavor and texture.