Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta
This Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a cozy dinner at home. Sautéed peppers and onions add a pop of color and sweetness, while spicy Italian sausage brings a kick of heat. This dish is a comforting and satisfying meal that can be made in under 30 minutes.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for an extra touch of flavor.
- In a large skillet brown the sausage. When cooked take it out on a plate.
- Dice the onion and bell peppers and sautée them together with the garlic in the same skillet. When fully cooked take them out.
Add the chicken broth and heavy cream to the skilled. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let it reduce by half.
Add in the parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted.
Turn the heat to low. Add the mustard, cooked pasta, sausage and veggies.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with more grated parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Use high-quality Italian sausage. The Italian sausage is the star of the show, so it is important to use a good quality sausage. Look for a sausage that is made with pork and fennel and has a strong flavor.
- Choose the right type of pasta. The type of pasta you use will affect the overall flavor and texture of the dish. A good option is to use a short pasta, such as penne or rigatoni, that will help to capture the sauce.
- Cook the sausage and peppers until they are browned and tender. This will help to bring out their flavors and prevent them from being tough.
- Don't overcook the pasta. Overcooked pasta will be mushy and will not hold up well to the sauce. Cook the pasta according to the package directions or until it is al dente.
- Add some herbs and spices. Italian sausage and peppers pasta is a blank canvas, so you can add your favorite herbs and spices to give it more flavor. Some good options include garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to Italian sausage and peppers pasta, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors. You may be surprised at what you come up with!
- You can add other vegetables to the dish, such as mushrooms, zucchini, or onions.
- If you are looking for a vegetarian option, you can omit the Italian sausage and use tofu or tempeh instead.
- You can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later. However, the sauce may thicken as it cools, so you may need to thin it out with a little bit of milk or water before reheating.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best type of Italian sausage for Italian sausage and peppers pasta is a sausage that is made with pork and fennel. This type of sausage has a strong flavor that will complement the other flavors in the dish. You can also use a sausage that is made with other meats, such as beef or chicken, but the flavor will be slightly different.
The best type of pasta for Italian sausage and peppers pasta is a short pasta, such as penne or rigatoni. This type of pasta will help to capture the sauce and the flavors of the sausage and peppers. You can also use a long pasta, such as spaghetti or fettuccine, but the sauce may be more likely to fall off the pasta.
The pasta is done when it is al dente. This means that it is cooked through but still has a slight bite to it. You can test the pasta by biting into a piece. If it is soft and mushy, it is overcooked. If it is hard and chewy, it is undercooked.
Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later. However, the sauce may thicken as it cools, so you may need to thin it out with a little bit of milk or water before reheating.
You can add any herbs and spices that you like to the sauce. Some good options include garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil. You can also add some red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.