Easy Broccoli Chicken Casserole Recipe
Broccoli Chicken Casserole is a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to make. It is loaded with tender chicken, fresh broccoli, and a creamy cheese sauce. This casserole is perfect for busy weeknights or to serve during a gathering, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a comforting and tasty meal!
Start with cooking the chicken. Boil it in a pot of water for about 15 minutes until it's no longer pink inside. Shred the chicken. If you wanna skip that step you can always get a rotisserie chicken.
Mix the cream and spices together. Add the chicken, broccoli (It's easier to use frozen ones. If you're using fresh broccoli make sure to steam it a bit so it won't end up undercooked) and cheddar cheese. Mix everything together.
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. While waiting for the oven to heat up move the mixture into a baking dish and top with the stuffing mix or some more cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Serve hot and enjoy!
- Use fresh broccoli. Frozen broccoli will work, but it will not have the same flavor or texture.
- Cook the broccoli until it is just tender. Overcooked broccoli will be mushy.
- Use a good quality chicken. This is especially important if you are not using pre-cooked chicken.
- Season the chicken well. This will help to flavor the casserole.
- Use a creamy sauce. This will help to bind the ingredients together and make the casserole more flavorful.
- Don't overcook the casserole. This will make the broccoli mushy and the cheese dry.
- Let the casserole cool slightly before serving. This will help the flavors to meld together.
- You can add other vegetables to the casserole, such as carrots, onions, or mushrooms.
- You can use different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesan.
- You can add a layer of breadcrumbs or crushed crackers on top of the casserole before baking.
- You can make the casserole ahead of time and bake it later.
- You can freeze the casserole and thaw it before baking.
- Use a roux to thicken the sauce. A roux is a mixture of flour and butter that is cooked until golden brown. It helps to thicken the sauce and give it a creamy texture.
- Add a splash of white wine to the sauce. This will add depth and complexity to the flavor.
- Use a little bit of nutmeg to the sauce. This will give the casserole a warm, nutty flavor.
- Garnish the casserole with grated Parmesan cheese before baking. This will add a delicious flavor and texture to the top of the casserole.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use fresh broccoli instead of frozen ones in this recipe. Just be sure to steam them a bit before using them, since they may end up raw due to the short cooking time.
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in this recipe if you prefer. Just be sure to choose a cheese that melts well and has a similar flavor to the cheese listed in the recipe.
Yes, you can add other toppings to this recipe if you like.
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Just be sure to wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and then place them in an airtight container or bag. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, leave the casserole in the refrigerator overnight, then bake at 350°F/180°C oven until it's hot.