Creamy Broccoli Casserole
DescriptionThis creamy broccoli casserole is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for dinner or as a side dish. With simple ingredients and minimal prep time, it's a great dish to whip up on a busy weeknight. Enjoy!
In a large bowl mix the cream, cheeses, and season with salt and pepper.
If you're using fresh broccoli steam them for 2 minutes so they soften a bit.
In a baking dish mix the broccoli and the cheese mixture. Bake at 350F/180C for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Use fresh broccoli. Fresh broccoli will have a better flavor and texture than frozen broccoli.
- Cook the broccoli until it is tender but still slightly crisp. If you overcook the broccoli, it will become mushy.
- Don't overbake the casserole. If you overbake the casserole, the top will become browned and crusty.
- Let the casserole cool slightly before serving. This will help the flavors to blend and the sauce to thicken.
- You can add other vegetables to the casserole, such as cauliflower, carrots, or onions.
- If you are looking for a healthier option, you can use low-fat or fat-free ingredients.
- You can also make the casserole ahead of time and then bake it just before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli in creamy broccoli casserole. However, it is important to steam the broccoli before adding it to the casserole. If you don't steam the broccoli, it may not cook evenly.
Yes, you can make creamy broccoli casserole ahead of time. Simply assemble the casserole and then cover it and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake, remove the casserole from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. This will help the casserole to cook evenly.