Creamy Veggie Dip
This creamy and delicious dip combines the tangy flavor of cream cheese with the freshness of the veggies. The creamy texture of cream cheese blends perfectly with the crunchiness of veggies resulting in a dip that is both tasty and healthy. Serve with your favorite bread (we hope that's our flatbread), crackers or veggies for a healthy and flavorful snack. This dip is sure to please a crowd at your next party or gathering.
Chop all the veggies to small pieces. If you prefere a finer texture grate the zucchini and the carrot.
Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and pepper. After they soften a bit add the zucchini and garlic. Cook until the zucchini softens 2-3 minutes.
Transfer the veggies to a large bowl. Add in the cream cheese, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
Serve with your favorite bread or crackers.
- Use softened cream cheese. The easiest way to do this is to let it sit at room temperature for about an hour before you start making the veggie dip. You can also soften it in the microwave, but be careful not to overcook it or it will melt.
- You can also add chopped nuts, seeds, or croutons for a little extra crunch.
- Season to taste. The basic seasonings for cream cheese dip are salt, pepper,dill, and garlic powder. You can also add other herbs and spices, such as parsley, chives, or paprika.
- Make it ahead of time. Veggie dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just be sure to bring it to room temperature before serving so that it's nice and creamy.
- Use low-fat or fat-free ingredients to make a healthier dip.
- Add a little bit of sour cream or Greek yogurt for extra tanginess.
- For a richer flavor, add a splash of cream or half-and-half.
- Get creative with your toppings. Try sprinkling the dip with shredded cheese, bacon bits, or crushed crackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use vegan cream cheese in this recipe. Just be sure to choose a brand that is smooth and creamy.
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just be sure to bring it to room temperature before serving so that it's nice and creamy.
The basic seasonings for cream cheese dip are dill, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can also add other herbs and spices, such as parsley, chives, or paprika.
Veggie dip is traditionally served with served with crackers, chips, or bread.