Crispy Parmesan Coated Carrots
These crispy parmesan coated carrots are a delicious and healthy snack or side dish. The parmesan adds a savory flavor to the sweet carrots, elevating them to a whole new level of deliciousness. This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy way to add more vegetables to their diet, while still satisfying their cravings for something crispy and flavorful.
Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C. Prepare a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Peel your carrots and cut them lengthwise into slices.
In a large bowl mix the olive oil, spices, and 1/2 cup of the grated parmesan . Toss in the carrots and mix until they are evenly coated.
- Dip the flat side of the carrots into the grated parmesan cheese. Arrange them on the baking sheet cheese facing down.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
- Use fresh carrots. Fresh carrots will have a better flavor and texture than frozen carrots.
- Peel the carrots. Peeling the carrots will help them to cook more evenly and prevent them from becoming mushy.
- Cut the carrots into even pieces. This will help them to cook evenly.
- Use a good quality Parmesan cheese. Parmesan cheese is a key ingredient in this dish, so it is important to use a good quality cheese.
- Don't overcrowd the baking sheet. If you crowd the baking sheet, the carrots will not cook evenly.
- Roast the carrots until they are tender but still slightly crisp. If you overcook the carrots, they will become mushy.
- Sprinkle the carrots with Parmesan cheese just before serving. This will help the cheese to melt and brown evenly.
- You can add other seasonings to the carrots, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or herbs.
- You can also vary the cooking method. For example, you can fry the carrots instead of roasting them.
- If you are looking for a healthier option, you can use a light cooking oil, such as canola oil.
- You can also use a non-stick baking sheet to prevent the carrots from sticking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use other types of cheese making the crispy carrots. Some popular choices include Romano cheese, Asiago cheese, or Gruyère cheese. You can also use a combination of cheeses.
Yes, you can use frozen carrots in Parmesan coated carrots. However, it is important to defrost the carrots before coating them in cheese. If you don't they may not cook evenly.
Parmesan coated carrots are a versatile dish that can be served with many different types of main courses. Some popular choices include chicken, fish, or pasta dishes. You can also serve them as a snack or appetizer.