Taco Pasta Recipe
Taco pasta is a delicious fusion of Mexican and Italian cuisine. This quick and easy recipe combines ground beef, taco seasoning, pasta, and diced tomatoes into a hearty and flavorful dish. Top it off with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro for a burst of freshness. It's perfect for a weeknight dinner or for feeding a crowd. This dish is sure to satisfy any cravings for both tacos and pasta!
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
In a large pan cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic. When the beef is browned add the taco seasoning and tomatoes.
Add in the cooked pasta, cheese, and cilantro and stir for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve topped with sour cream and more cilantro.
- Use a good quality taco seasoning. The taco seasoning is the star of the show, so it is important to use a good quality seasoning. Look for a seasoning that has a strong flavor and doesn't have too many fillers.
- Cook the pasta al dente. This means that it is cooked through but still has a slight bite to it. Overcooked pasta will be mushy and will not hold up well to the sauce.
- Add your favorite toppings. Taco pasta is a blank canvas, so you can add your favorite toppings to give it more flavor. Some good options include shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, and tomatoes.
- You can use ground beef, ground chicken, or ground turkey for the taco meat.
- You can also add other vegetables to the pasta, such as corn or black beans.
- If you are looking for a vegetarian option, you can use tofu or beans instead of ground meat.
- Taco Pasta Bake. This is a hearty and filling dish that is perfect for a family meal. Simply add the taco meat, pasta, and sauce to a baking dish and top with cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use a different type of pasta for taco pasta. Some good options include whole-wheat pasta, penne pasta, or rotini pasta. These pastas will have different textures and flavors, so you can experiment to find what you like best.
Yes, you can use a different type of meat for taco pasta. Some good options include ground beef, ground chicken, or ground turkey. You can also use tofu or beans for a vegetarian option.
You can add other herbs and spices to the sauce, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder. You can also add some salsa or sour cream to give it a tangy flavor.
In addition to the traditional toppings of shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado, you can also add other toppings, such as diced tomatoes, black beans, or corn. You can also add some crushed tortilla chips for a crunchy texture.